The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    Bungle1 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority here too but completely agree. The purpose of the show appears to have become 'keep making more show'. I imagine there will be a scene or set piece in the finale that get people talking like that scene in season two but overall this season has felt like a lot of padding.
    You’re not alone. I have been watching it out of loyalty/boredom due to no new Andor/not wanting to miss something important that’s used later/whatever… but I can’t really get into it. It’s OK, some episodes have been quite good, and especially in the first two series the spaghetti Western references were amusing, but for me it’s lost it’s way now and doesn’t know what it’s for any more.

I understand the view that Andor was too dark/slow/convoluted etc for kids, but it’s the Star Wars I always wanted, and the scenes in the new Mandalorian series on Coruscant are the best bit in it by far. I even liked the first four episodes of Boba Fett better… until the Mandalorian hijacked it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    This series does seem like a Back to the Future 2 type of thing.  Mainly there to set up Back to the Future 3.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 923
    Ridiculous episode, but it's still fun, it's always been a little ridiculous tbh!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24584
    I'm loving it.

Until Andor came along SW was for kids of all ages and that's why I like it.

I also liked Andor - but as a slow burn bit of drama it's not like it could hold a candle to something like House of Cards! It only gets the credit it does because that approach is new in the SW universe, not that it's a leading example of the genre.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4653
    A very poor episode if you ask me. About the only thing that really happened to move the story along was Bin giving up the dark sabre. You could have had a full episode of Bo Katan negotiating, A battle between Bin and Bo. But no it was mainly filler that did nothing to move the story along.
    That one was a bit silly - in places very silly - but I actually quite liked it. Especially the Logan's Run city/transport system and Blade Runner references... and the outside of the city looking like Scarif in Rogue One, quite a consistent 'imperial architecture' theme. The plot, not so much.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6913
    edited April 2023
    A very poor episode if you ask me. About the only thing that really happened to move the story along was Bin giving up the dark sabre. You could have had a full episode of Bo Katan negotiating, A battle between Bin and Bo. But no it was mainly filler that did nothing to move the story along.
    Didn’t the hermit crab thingy in the caves take the dark sabre off him when he was trapped? Bo Katan could have picked it up then and claimed ownership..
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11875
    edited April 2023
    mrkb said:
    Didn’t the hermit crab thingy in the caves take the dark sabre off him when he was trapped? Bo Katan could have picked it up then and claimed ownership..

No she has to win it in a fight, it's very specific.  The crab droid thing arguably could have, but as he laid a trap, even then it's dubious.

Din was happy to just give her the thing, but she knew that wasn't good enough.

Edit: OK, turns out that's exactly what they went with!!!!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    ICBM said:
    That one was a bit silly - in places very silly - but I actually quite liked it. Especially the Logan's Run city/transport system and Blade Runner references... and the outside of the city looking like Scarif in Rogue One, quite a consistent 'imperial architecture' theme. The plot, not so much.
    Did I spot a T800 in the Droid bar?
    edited April 2023
    RobDavies said:

Did I spot a T800 in the Droid bar?
    Edit - watched it again, not a T-800 :). A similar-ish metal droid with red eyes, but not Arnie ;).

• MrTeeMrTee Frets: 511
    I thought I spotted 'happy birthday paulie' from rocky IV in the droid bar!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16771
    edited April 2023
    There was talk of them retconning all the sequels.   

With everything announced today it seems more likely they are trying to make the sequels relevant by building big story around them. 

Everything so far in Andor, Madalorian and the Bad Batch supports this.

The Ahsoka trailer is perfect.   It's the Rebels sequel I desperately want.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Caught up. 

It’s Weary family viewing but I certainly wouldn’t be bothered by myself, the droid bar was more Futurama than Star Wars. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1312
    I do wonder if Mr Favreau is taking the piss a bit at the moment.  The dialogue is cheese to the max, as is the casting.  It's a little like he's seeing just what he could get away with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6913
    Just caught up on last weds episode (was on holiday), wow it was crap! Really struggling to see any theme that 
    links the episodes apart from the main character.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Me too. It’s all gone to tosh. 
    Ooh a big red button. Hope no one accidentally leans on that! 
    What’s that? Nano tech. How does it work? By Nano tech of course. 
    How will we ever track down the perp? Oh they signed it.

Hoping Marvin the Paranoid Android appears next week. 

Rather forgettable episode, a bit "call Disney, I want to be in the Mandalorian..."
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    mrkb said:
    Just caught up on last weds episode (was on holiday), wow it was crap! Really struggling to see any theme that 
    links the episodes apart from the main character.

I think maybe that's the sort of show it is. It falls between two stools a bit- it's not properly focused on an overarching plot like Andor, but it's not completely a "villain of the week" show either, although it seems to be leaning further that way this season and I think that's what's bothering the more adult viewers. My 12 year old son is happy with it just the way it is. He is a boy of simple tastes.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    Villain of the week worked fine for things like the A Team when I was young.  It's entertaining viewing.  What's the problem if it goes a bit in that direction?
    Well that last episode pulled the quality back up a bit....

WezV said:
    There was talk of them retconning all the sequels.  

There was talk in youtube videos of it from people who want them to do it, mainly because the internet reaction had such an effect on the last of the films.  Thing is, now the films are out there, they are just some streaming content, Disney only care about them now as potential jumping off points for more content.