PRS - Fashionable again?

What's Hot

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    edited October 2019
    I am loving BOTH of those @Twinfan equally.  Love the 1 piece top, that you don't see often.  Also love the custom inlays, is that your own design?  

The Celtic Knots on the blue/green guitar were a PS option for a very short while several years ago but then became exclusive to the short lived Collection Series guitars.  I asked for them on my PS but it was a flat "no".  The Labyrinth Knot inlays were one of several designs that Tina at PRS offered as an alternative, and as soon as I saw them I knew they were the ones to go for.

If you look at my PS's headstock, you'll see that I did manage to get the Collection Series version of Paul's signature (same as the blue/green Collection Series V guitar) rather than the standard logo or PS eagle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11904
    Twinfan said:
    I am loving BOTH of those @Twinfan equally.  Love the 1 piece top, that you don't see often.  Also love the custom inlays, is that your own design?  

The Celtic Knots on the blue/green guitar were a PS option for a very short while several years ago but then became exclusive to the short lived Collection Series guitars.  I asked for them on my PS but it was a flat "no".  The Labyrinth Knot inlays were one of several designs that Tina at PRS offered as an alternative, and as soon as I saw them I knew they were the ones to go for.

If you look at my PS's headstock, you'll see that I did manage to get the Collection Series version of Paul's signature (same as the blue/green Collection Series V guitar) rather than the standard logo or PS eagle.
    I thought the logo looked similar but different somehow to mine....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yep, PS is all about the details :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11904
    Twinfan said:
    Yep, PS is all about the details :)
    And its also a bone nut !
    Aye  ;)
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    My flea-bay McCarty P90 goldtop has arrived and is quite the surprise. NGD thread incoming.
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Onpar said:
    How do PRS guitars perform in a live band mix? Someone told me once that they don't really cut through.
    Er - not true.  My McCarty Smokeburst with 57/08s has been my main gigging guitar for a while now and I've used it through Fender, Vox and Cornell amps as well as my current setup which is a Tonelab SE straight to the PA.  Never had any issues dialing in a sound.  As an aside, a couple of times I've been 2 or 3 songs into a set and suddenly thought "I forgot to check the tuning."  Not many guitars where you'd get away with that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuck me there is a lot of victim syndrome at work here
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2214
    What is a "fashionable' guitar these days?
  • Fishboy7 said:
    Brown ones....
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Fishboy7 said:
    Brown ones....
    Orangey brown ones. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72567
    Adam_MD said:
    Fishboy7 said:
    Brown ones....
    Orangey brown ones. 
    Ones with a solid colour finish half sanded off over a sunburst finish a quarter sanded off and then shot with a blunderbuss from 50 feet away.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Apparently the 2020 Mccartys will start at £3499, more for a 10 top or artist package  :o

Mabye I should’ve held on to that gold top after all!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82 said:
    Apparently the 2020 Mccartys will start at £3499, more for a 10 top or artist package  :o

Noooooo! .........My precious...... etc etc

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5447
    TINMAN82 said:

Jeez. Crazy money. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That's pretty much where 594s have been priced since they came out, plus the 2020s will now have nitro finishes.

How much is a new R9 these days, eh?  £5k?  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Twinfan said:
    That's pretty much where 594s have been priced since they came out, plus the 2020s will now have nitro finishes.

How much is a new R9 these days, eh?  £5k?  ;)
    You’re right. Cheap.
    I wouldn't go that far!

I'd say they're about what I'd expect them to be priced at.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72567
    Personally I think these sorts of prices for a solidbody electric guitar are getting silly.

Although just the other day I checked the equivalent new price for a Rickenbacker I'm selling, and found that they now want just over seven grand - yes, *seven thousand pounds* - for it. Bonkers. You can actually buy a brand new car for less (just).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18945
    ICBM said:
    Personally I think these sorts of prices for a solidbody electric guitar are getting silly.

Although just the other day I checked the equivalent new price for a Rickenbacker I'm selling, and found that they now want just over seven grand - yes, *seven thousand pounds* - for it. Bonkers. You can actually buy a brand new car for less (just).
    " ..getting silly"
    Discuss. Along with Genie in bottle strategies...  ;)