PRS - Fashionable again?

What's Hot

Comments

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1726
    edited October 2019
    Fishboy7 said:
    What is a "fashionable' guitar these days?
    Brown ones....
    Brown ones that look like a potato, ones that have been made to look pretend old, and buried in a grow bag for 5 months. Best strung with flat wound half gauge set with optional bigsby and over customer attention to irrelevant and insignificant details .
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 452
    edited November 2019
    I have a pearly blue one (‘86 Standard) and a sunburst one (SE Soapbar) ... both non-blingy and both amazing instruments despite being at opposite ends of the price scale (although I was lucky and didn’t pay much for the Standard quite a few years ago)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838

I couldn't care less if PRS guitars are cool or not.  I play in an 80s covers band - musical integrity and coolness are not high on my list.  Having a fun and cracking night out in a local pub with a guitar that sounds great, feels great, plays great and stays in tune is most important to me!

I also play a Marshall, that's probably shockingly uncool too 
    Blimey I’m not sure if you are me or I am you! Parallel universe?or long lost brother? :)
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 334
    Holy thread resurrection, Batman!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11724
    Well I for one am grateful for this resurrection - until now I never knew PRS guitars had once been fashionable  :#
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    I’m more than happy to be (un)fashionable with this beaut in my hands:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 647
    I reckon I could rock one. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22879
    Does this mean PRS guitars are fashionable for the first time since 2019?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    What a ridiculous thread!  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22879
    icu81b4 said:
    What a ridiculous thread!  
    Is it?  I really don't remember what it was about, it was four and a half years ago.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3327
    I alwayd thought they were pretty uncool, until I played one. Now I rarely gig with anything else. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    It's not the instrument that makes the player cool, it works the other way around.
  • I did like look of the S2 Satin Singlecut in black a lot. They don’t make it any longer though. The SE Mira looks cool. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3869
    No
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10225
    Nah, but who cares? It's only me judging you from the back of the room, watching every lick you play, looking at every setting on every pedal you have and wondering why you bought that amp to go with that blue and purple guitar, and why you thought the Hawaiian shirt and those white New Balance shoes was a good idea. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10225
    edited March 14
    Double post!!! 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Probably, what with all things late 90s and 00s hip again. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    Nah, but who cares? It's only me judging you from the back of the room, watching every lick you play, looking at every setting on every pedal you have and wondering why you bought that amp to go with that blue and purple guitar, and why you thought the Hawaiian shirt and those white New Balance shoes was a good idea. 
    The who cares bit is where I come from - If I like the way it feels and plays then so what - I'm a PRS fan and have been for around 35 years or so - I don't get on with all models, but as an overview they suit me - As to does it matter if they are or not cool,, then I'm not bothered 

Maybe me, but many hate my fav guitar brand and my football team - I just get on with it
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11724
    In truth that (for me at least) has never been what 'cool' is about.  'Cool' is most definitely in the eye of the beholder - or in this case, the guitar owner.

Just for the record I love purple guitars, Aloha shirts and NB trainers.  Perhaps it's more to do with taste than being cool :-)