Ah sorry to hear that.

I thought you meant nationally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    High risk wife.

Ah sorry to hear that.

No excuse for you, sorry. ;)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    High risk wife.

Ah sorry to hear that.

No excuse for you, sorry. ;)

Quite the opposite.

I've managed to stay fairly chilled in the face of the pandemic so far (even taking into account the high likelihood that I'll get fired and won't be eligible for the government safety net), but no running and I would loose my marbles pretty quick!
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1267
    edited March 2020
    High risk wife.

Ah sorry to hear that.

No excuse for you, sorry.

Quite the opposite.

I've managed to stay fairly chilled in the face of the pandemic so far (even taking into account the high likelihood that I'll get fired and won't be eligible for the government safety net), but no running and I would loose my marbles pretty quick!
    I know that feeling. I have a master switch....one side is exercise the other says 'self destruct'.

Been getting up 6am and out for a trot then, if I see anyone coming I give 'em a very wide berth.
    Hopefully will be able to carry on as long as poss.

The only danger is treading in dog shite as we seem to have gone back to the 70s around here in that respect. Only a matter of time before I spot an 'old white crumbly'.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    Usual 5x 6km runs again this week and press ups to get me guns and moobs into shape. 

Start weight 6 Jan 14st, current weight 12st 5lbs. 
    I'm losing my marbles pretty quick. I may have to start running up and down the garden steps.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    I'm losing my marbles pretty quick. I may have to start running up and down the garden steps.

We've been doing PE with Joe with the kids.

He even has a guitar on the wall.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Manchester half marathon has been postponed until September.  I'm glad they've finally made the decision to move it.  As I was doing it as part of a group from work I still felt some obligation to go through with it but the thought of doing it in the current climate was causing me some anxiety.

Also gives me more time to train which I'm also happy about.  I've had "something" on my chest the last couple of weeks which was initially making training hard and then caused a break as even doing 2 miles was absolutely exhausting.  Think I'm over it now but I'm going to give it another week before getting back to it.  

Training goals are obviously going to change for the time being so I'd appreciate some advice from more experienced runners if you don't mind.  I'm not exactly fast - current 5km time is around 37 minutes.  Ideally I'd like to get this down to sub 30 minutes.  My plan of attack is to do 4 runs a week consisting of a 5km at the start of the week, two mid week runs focusing on intervals/tempo training/hill work and a longer, slow run at the weekend (ideally working back up to 10km).  Does this sound reasonable considering my goal?
    edited April 2020
    RedRabbit said:
    Manchester half marathon has been postponed until September.  I'm glad they've finally made the decision to move it.  As I was doing it as part of a group from work I still felt some obligation to go through with it but the thought of doing it in the current climate was causing me some anxiety.

Also gives me more time to train which I'm also happy about.  I've had "something" on my chest the last couple of weeks which was initially making training hard and then caused a break as even doing 2 miles was absolutely exhausting.  Think I'm over it now but I'm going to give it another week before getting back to it.  

Training goals are obviously going to change for the time being so I'd appreciate some advice from more experienced runners if you don't mind.  I'm not exactly fast - current 5km time is around 37 minutes.  Ideally I'd like to get this down to sub 30 minutes.  My plan of attack is to do 4 runs a week consisting of a 5km at the start of the week, two mid week runs focusing on intervals/tempo training/hill work and a longer, slow run at the weekend (ideally working back up to 10km).  Does this sound reasonable considering my goal?
    If you can get your 3x 5K in each week and make them count (incorporate some intervals/hills if you want.) Then a longer easy run on the weekend, (maybe working up to 10K) you should start to see times drop off. But make sure you have rest days and warm up.

Maybe some other stuff (sit ups/push ups) on the non running days...it's a drag but seems to help.

Reckon that is a very nice goal to have.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    Well since lock down Ive actually started running..I'm mega unfit so its a huge struggle for me but since 13th March I've done 16 30 min runs using a "couch 2 5k" app. I hit 4km today although it seriously knackered me it's probably the best I've done for over 10 years. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well since lock down Ive actually started running..I'm mega unfit so its a huge struggle for me but since 13th March I've done 16 30 min runs using a "couch 2 5k" app. I hit 4km today although it seriously knackered me it's probably the best I've done for over 10 years. 
    Great going! You will be ready for a Park Run when things get back to normal.

edited September 2023
    j

We've been doing PE with Joe with the kids.

He even has a guitar on the wall.
    Well I have started running up and down the garden steps. It's a good workout in the sense that it gets my heart pumping for 30 minutes. I'm interspersing the running with stopping on the middle terrace lawn and doing some press-ups and sit-ups. I hate circuits but I'm going to have to get used to it. I may even move on to doing some bastards, maybe even bastards with a clap. :)
    edited September 2023
    j

steven70 said:
    Great going! You will be ready for a Park Run when things get back to normal.

So the app is an interval type thing and what I've been doing is only moving on to the next run type once I can get all the runs up to 10mn/h. When I hit a new run length interval I normally dial it back a bit and do 8 or 9 for the first half then finish at full speed. 

Im on week 4 day 2 right now but only actually been doing it for about 20 days so still aheda of the game. Calfs feel a bit tight today though so skipping a day and back to it tomorrow. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    steven70 said:
    I've cut back into 'maintenance' mode. Don't feel comfortable slogging my usual route along the seafront, been so getting up at 6 for a swift 10K along the hills each morning, no f_cker around. Best part of the day given the current situation, can't seem to be arsed picking up the guitar with no rehearsals or gigs on the horizon, probably should apply the same discipline. Mixing it up with some rowing machine and jumping rope - that gets the heart rate going. Will appreciate running and gigging all the more if and when this crap ends.
    Nice did you get a C2 rower?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    edited September 2023
    j
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    5x 6k runs again this week. I have to be honest I don't mind being a 'key worker' on a military installation right now. It means my exercise schedule isn't being affected. Down to 12st 4lbs (from 14st) and my moobs are getting hard thanks to the press up regime.

Well done @PolarityMan, keep it up!

And stay safe all.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    steven70 said:
    Iamnobody said:
    steven70 said:
    I've cut back into 'maintenance' mode. Don't feel comfortable slogging my usual route along the seafront, been so getting up at 6 for a swift 10K along the hills each morning, no f_cker around. Best part of the day given the current situation, can't seem to be arsed picking up the guitar with no rehearsals or gigs on the horizon, probably should apply the same discipline. Mixing it up with some rowing machine and jumping rope - that gets the heart rate going. Will appreciate running and gigging all the more if and when this crap ends.
    Nice did you get a C2 rower?
    Couldn't find a C2 for love nor money...as soon as the gyms closed, seems everyone had the same idea.
    Ended up getting hold of a waterrower...feels a little less 'tough' than the C2 but it's solid enough and quiet. 
    I know! I ordered a new one on the Friday that gyms closed but they couldn’t fulfil it. I managed to snag a cheap used one instead though.

I’ve heard good things about water rowers. Enjoy it!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Deadman said:

Well done @PolarityMan, keep it up!

Cheers appreciate it. Even though my commute is only a total of about an hour that extra time makes it so much easier to fit in some excercise. Hopefully I can find a way to keep it up once I need to go back into the office. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ