PRS DGT SE incoming...

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22892
    TTBZ said:
    Didn't they make some of the core DGT with a stoptail?

An SE McCarty stoptail would be even better for me :)
    It'd be likely - almost certain, in fact - to have a wide fat neck though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17624
    tFB Trader
    TTBZ said:
    If it has the moon inlay and something other than wide/fat I'm definitely interested. Stoptail would be nice too.

The T stands for Trem and the neck profile is unique to the model so unlikely.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    edited March 2022
    TTBZ said:
    Didn't they make some of the core DGT with a stoptail?

An SE McCarty stoptail would be even better for me
    If I remember rightly, Wildwood may have commissioned a run of 10 or so many years ago, but otherwise the only DGS’s that I’ve seen have been out of the Private Stock

I’d like to see the S2 McCarty 594 Thinline move into the SE range - that’d be a killer guitar, especially if they switched it to the pattern vintage neck profile.

*edit* Wilcutts, not Wildwood
  • PC1971PC1971 Frets: 372
    David G also mentioned at the weekend that he has a desire to do a more affordable version of his DG30 amp. He's also currently rocking a rather stunning custom DGT semi-hollow. ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I’d like to see the S2 McCarty 594 Thinline move into the SE range - that’d be a killer guitar, especially if they switched it to the pattern vintage neck profile.
    The only thing about that is, when they put guitars into the SE range they remove them from the S2 range - and nothing ever seems to go back in the opposite direction.

I'm gutted that the Mira (and the Starla, for those that like it) have ended up in the SE range.  Next stop is oblivion.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    edited March 2022
    I wouldn’t bet on it having the same neck profile, the JM SE doesn’t do that part isn’t for certain.  Since it’s for an SE do a certain cost saving need to be made, it would make more sense using necks that are use in other SE.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27031
    edited March 2022
    A stoptail version has been done occasionally (see below)

https://reverb.com/item/1440154-prs-dgt-stoptail-limited-wilcutt-wood-library-grissom

But I'd be very surprised if the SE isn't exactly the USA spec with roughly the same neck profile, switching and pickups (though pickups made in asia) with a different top carve to differentiate between versions.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    ^ agreed, though an all-hog Standard one would be in keeping with his original PRS Std24 too before DG started using McC Trems. It would be a little more unique in the lineup that way as well, though that’s not stopped PRS from other having similarly-spec’d models at various price points I suppose.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    Philly_Q said:
    The only thing about that is, when they put guitars into the SE range they remove them from the S2 range - and nothing ever seems to go back in the opposite direction.

I'm gutted that the Mira (and the Starla, for those that like it) have ended up in the SE range.  Next stop is oblivion.

The 594 S2 Thinline fills the hole in the range where the Mira sat.
    @Crunchman fair point, and arguably it's 'better' at that classic vibe too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    crunchman said:
    Philly_Q said:

Yes, that's a fair point, I hadn't thought of that.  From a personal point of view it's the standard PRS shape (which makes it less interesting/different than the Mira) and it has a bloody Pattern Thin neck.  I'm glad I bought my Miras when I could.
    Philly_Q said:
    crunchman said:
    Philly_Q said:

Yes, that's a fair point, I hadn't thought of that.  From a personal point of view it's the standard PRS shape (which makes it less interesting/different than the Mira) and it has a bloody Pattern Thin neck.  I'm glad I bought my Miras when I could.
    If it had the Pattern Vintage neck like the other two 594s then I'd have gone for the Thinline too. The SE Mira is damned good though, I haven't really noticed a difference between it and the S2 version in actual use.
    I don't like the body contours on the SE Mira, the body's "gently rounded at the edges" rather than having the flat SG-like bevel of the S2.  And again, Pattern Thin neck.  I do quite like the adjustable bridge though.

Agreed about the Thinline, I'd have probably bought one if it had the Pattern Vintage or even Pattern Regular neck.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Very cool and makes a lot of sense as everyone loves the DGT, but they are crazy expensive now. (Glad I got mine when I did!)
    Same here! Back in 2012. I grimaced at paying £1500 for one. The price of a brand new 10 top model now is eye watering. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    DrJazzTap said:
    Very cool and makes a lot of sense as everyone loves the DGT, but they are crazy expensive now. (Glad I got mine when I did!)
    Same here! Back in 2012. I grimaced at paying £1500 for one. The price of a brand new 10 top model now is eye watering. 
    They are really at the "Custom" shop price now for a regular Custom 24.
  • dcgdcg Frets: 230
    A DGT SE would be great; I'm on my fifth DGT (the rules state the following - two only at a time; birds strictly disallowed; earlier models 2008-11 preferred), thus a run of unembellished solid colour with moons guitars at half the price (or even less) of the US models would be welcome.  Problem is, PRS himself can't seem to get the message that if birds were a no/low cost option, and moons standard, he'd sell even more guitars...
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    edited March 2022
    dcg said:
    A DGT SE would be great; I'm on my fifth DGT (the rules state the following - two only at a time; birds strictly disallowed; earlier models 2008-11 preferred), thus a run of unembellished solid colour with moons guitars at half the price (or even less) of the US models would be welcome.  Problem is, PRS himself can't seem to get the message that if birds were a no/low cost option, and moons standard, he'd sell even more guitars...
    I even think they’d sell more if dots/moons were a modest UPCHARGE option available on all models 
    Red ones are better. 
    I never understand why people dislike the birds so much.  They're just inlays, I don't see them as a plus or a minus, I pretty much ignore them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • As long as theres a goldtop w moons im in. Everything else you can change after. I love DGT's.!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited March 2022
    Philly_Q said:
    I never understand why people dislike the birds so much.  They're just inlays, I don't see them as a plus or a minus, I pretty much ignore them.
    I just find them (along with quilted or deeply flamed tops) a bit tacky and unnecessary. I know they're both very much a PRS "thing" but I prefer simpler/plainer looking guitars. The S2 series (especially satin!) are so close to what I want out of a PRS but the pickguards are pretty ugly compared to a normal PRS.