PRS DGT SE incoming...

What's Hot
1181920212224»

Comments

• I've just picked up another Goldtop DGT SE. Since I got rid of my last one I just haven't found anything that sounds and plays as good. They really knocked it out the park with the pickups on the SE. That and the treble bleed probably make it the most versatile guitar I've owned. It can cover pretty much anything and sound great doing it.
    So it turned up yesterday. This one is really light, I’m guessing between 7-7.5lbs. Nice dark board on it. It was setup perfectly out of the box. However the switch is a bit flakey. It’s cutting out randomly when you move it. I imagine a bit of contact cleaner will sort it. I’m in 2 minds whether to send it back, as it plays so well and is the perfect weight with the darker fretboard. 
    I’ve decided to send it back. The switch deteriorated to the point where there was no sound at all in the bridge position, and the other positions were intermittent. I don’t think I’m lucky enough to get a replacement with similar weight and darker fretboard, so I’ve requested a refund.
    Totally agree that the switch shouldn’t have gotten through QC, but surely if you like the rest of it it’s worth having them cough up for a decent replacement switch (+ fitting if you can’t/won’t do it yourself)?
    I did sell another goldtop on here which I owned previously. The same issue manifested itself with the new owner after I sold it to him. So that’s 2 instances of the same fault. So it’s kind of put me off a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 241
    I've just picked up another Goldtop DGT SE. Since I got rid of my last one I just haven't found anything that sounds and plays as good. They really knocked it out the park with the pickups on the SE. That and the treble bleed probably make it the most versatile guitar I've owned. It can cover pretty much anything and sound great doing it.
    So it turned up yesterday. This one is really light, I’m guessing between 7-7.5lbs. Nice dark board on it. It was setup perfectly out of the box. However the switch is a bit flakey. It’s cutting out randomly when you move it. I imagine a bit of contact cleaner will sort it. I’m in 2 minds whether to send it back, as it plays so well and is the perfect weight with the darker fretboard. 
    I’ve decided to send it back. The switch deteriorated to the point where there was no sound at all in the bridge position, and the other positions were intermittent. I don’t think I’m lucky enough to get a replacement with similar weight and darker fretboard, so I’ve requested a refund.
    Totally agree that the switch shouldn’t have gotten through QC, but surely if you like the rest of it it’s worth having them cough up for a decent replacement switch (+ fitting if you can’t/won’t do it yourself)?
    I did sell another goldtop on here which I owned previously. The same issue manifested itself with the new owner after I sold it to him. So that’s 2 instances of the same fault. So it’s kind of put me off a bit.
    My switch is stiff although it doesn’t bother me… yet.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22892
    I don't know if they use the same switches on S2s as SEs, but one of my S2s has an extremely "sticky" switch.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    I've just picked up another Goldtop DGT SE. Since I got rid of my last one I just haven't found anything that sounds and plays as good. They really knocked it out the park with the pickups on the SE. That and the treble bleed probably make it the most versatile guitar I've owned. It can cover pretty much anything and sound great doing it.
    Sorry to hear that, not good eh?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    How on earth has that dodgy switch got through PRS and Peach QC? It's a basic check....
    It wasn’t from Peach.
    Ah my bad!