Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PRS DGT SE incoming...

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3324
    edited April 2023
    Guitar Guitar said the Goldtops would be in
    by the end of May but they're probably the
    pre-ordered ones. I'd really like to try one
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Jota said:
    Thomann just changed the estimated delivery date for the goldtop from 2 - 3 weeks to 15 - 20 weeks!
    Seems to be hard getting the goldtop out!
    They've had the burst in stock a number of times already and they seem to be going fast! 
    My burst is available for a good bit less than a new one  ;)

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/244989/fs-prs-dgt-se-750-posted#latest
    Too bad Brexit is a thing... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Kebabkid said:
    Guitar Guitar said the Goldtops would be in
    by the end of May but they're probably the
    pre-ordered ones. I'd really like to try one
    @Kebabkid ;
    Just had a check on the usual websites & it still is pre-order only for the Goldtops. 

I’m wondering next year what other colours will be added to the SE range in 2024?
    The current core colours are: Black Gold Burst/Charcoal/Dark Cherry Burst/Faded Whale Blue/Gold Top/McCarty Sunburst/McCarty Tobacco Sunburst.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    Charcoal with dots would make it hard for me to resist buying I think! I'm already still quite tempted by the goldtop but it's not my favourite colour.
    edited May 2023
    TTBZ said:
    Charcoal with dots would make it hard for me to resist buying I think! I'm already still quite tempted by the goldtop but it's not my favourite colour.

Yes that would be really nice

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3324
    edited May 2023
    I can't find one of the buggers to try.

I was driving back from Southampton yesterday, pedalboard in the car and thought I'd stop off at Andertons and Guitar Guitar and try the SE Hollowbody II Piezo (Anderons had 20 on Saturday) and GG had a DGT - all gone when I phoned!

I think I'll have to put a refundable deposit on a Goldtop in order to get a pre-order
    Kebabkid said:
    I can't find one of the buggers to try.

I was driving back from Southampton yesterday, pedalboard in the car and thought I'd stop off at Andertons and Guitar Guitar and try the SE Hollowbody II Piezo (Anderons had 20 on Saturday) and GG had a DGT - all gone when I phoned!

I think I'll have to put a refundable deposit on a Goldtop in order to get a pre-order
    Same here, no Goldtops available locally in store. 

GuitarGuitar wanted a refundable deposit, which I was hesitant to pay as I kind of feel like it’s expected of me to then buy the guitar. Also may be some hassle getting a refund back off them, so I’d rather not go that route.

The longer time goes on, I keep wondering if it’s worth waiting until new colours are announced by the man himself.
    Good to see Colin from The Guitaristas buy one to review.
    https://youtu.be/KFdCXdY5x_0?feature=shared
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2333
    duotone said:
    Looks decent, great QC, sounds hella bland though.
    duotone said:
    Looks decent, great QC, sounds hella bland though.
    That's how all his videos sound to be fair :) I like his in depth look at all the specs etc if you're interested in that stuff, but I don't think I've heard an inspiring guitar tone on the channel. 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    edited February 17
    duotone said:
    he's not impressed by it.build quality yes but sounds looks and feel he's a bit meh..
  • photekphotek Frets: 1468
    edited February 17
    He’s just not a fan of PRS guitars, lots of the chat was about how he doesn’t like them and how he would lose subscribers if he did. That amp sounds flubby anyway. Nevermind.

Much better tones here:

https://youtu.be/XVC5rGvE1Zs?si=Tzy1vCj5jnoN90sK
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23069
    duotone said:
    I like his channel but some of the stuff he comes out with is just pure laziness.  Wilfully refusing to understand how a trem system works, it's not the Large Hadron Collider.  And no they are not coil taps, they are coil splits, no matter what PRS may incorrectly call them.

And as for all the arse-licking comments on the video....  Ooh no Colin, you're right, PRS have got no soul, I moved them on, I just couldn't bond with them, they're sterile, vanilla, no mojo... Fucking yawn.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 264
    I used to think that PRS had no soul, a bit meh, sterile. Then I bought a gold top DGT SE. I discovered that the soul is in the player, not the guitar. #justsayin’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    photek said:
    He’s just not a fan of PRS guitars, lots of the chat was about how he doesn’t like them and how he would lose subscribers if he did. That amp sounds flubby anyway. Nevermind.

Much better tones here:

https://youtu.be/XVC5rGvE1Zs?si=Tzy1vCj5jnoN90sK
    And here 

Still quite want one of these but holding out hope for a black one :) 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    I had one for a couple of weeks.
    It was heavy and, although the coil split sounds amazing, it would not replace my tele.
    I LOVED the neck profile. Really, really chunky and awesome.
    The pickups are a bit too hot for my taste but the trick is the treble bleed. It does A LOT with just the volume. Not a guitar I would keep on 10 90% of the time.
    Maybe one day I'll try to find a lighter one cause it was a really cool guitar.
    Made a quick video before sending it back:

• birtnerbirtner Frets: 65
    I have a light one and it’s a joy to play. Doesn’t have a bad sound in it and will cover all bases. Like a Strat on steroids. Headstock still looks like it would be a virgin if it could talk but I now have an excuse to buy another junior which will rebalance the mojo. 
    Jota said:
    I had one for a couple of weeks.
    It was heavy and, although the coil split sounds amazing, it would not replace my tele.
    I LOVED the neck profile. Really, really chunky and awesome.
    The pickups are a bit too hot for my taste but the trick is the treble bleed. It does A LOT with just the volume. Not a guitar I would keep on 10 90% of the time.
    Maybe one day I'll try to find a lighter one cause it was a really cool guitar.
    Made a quick video before sending it back:

@Jota ;
    The neck was based on David Grissom’s favourite Gibson ES-335 guitar.

Interesting about the weight issue. Do you know what yours weighed?
    birtner said:
    I have a light one and it’s a joy to play. Doesn’t have a bad sound in it and will cover all bases. Like a Strat on steroids. Headstock still looks like it would be a virgin if it could talk but I now have an excuse to buy another junior which will rebalance the mojo. 
    @birtner ;
    Do you know the weight?