Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PRS DGT SE incoming...

What's Hot

Comments

• JotaJota Frets: 465
    duotone said:
    Jota said:
    I had one for a couple of weeks.
    It was heavy and, although the coil split sounds amazing, it would not replace my tele.
    I LOVED the neck profile. Really, really chunky and awesome.
    The pickups are a bit too hot for my taste but the trick is the treble bleed. It does A LOT with just the volume. Not a guitar I would keep on 10 90% of the time.
    Maybe one day I'll try to find a lighter one cause it was a really cool guitar.
    Made a quick video before sending it back:

@Jota ;
    The neck was based on David Grissom’s favourite Gibson ES-335 guitar.

Interesting about the weight issue. Do you know what yours weighed?

3.6Kg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6914
    edited February 19
    @30:50 "I don’t like PRS amps because of the large logo on them….." um yeah!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    IMG_1168.jpeg 189.9K
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Cheers @Jota ;
    3.6kg = 
    7.9lbs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11914
    7.9 lbs isn’t heavy is it for a DGT.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    7.9 lbs isn’t heavy is it for a DGT.

It was for me.
    It's about the same wheight as my #1 (tele) and I don't want nothing above 3.2Kg anymore (back problems).
  • birtnerbirtner Frets: 65
    duotone said:
    birtner said:
    I have a light one and it’s a joy to play. Doesn’t have a bad sound in it and will cover all bases. Like a Strat on steroids. Headstock still looks like it would be a virgin if it could talk but I now have an excuse to buy another junior which will rebalance the mojo. 
    @birtner ;
    Do you know the weight?
    I’m away for the week but can weigh when I’m back. I’d be surprised if it’s over 7 and a half lbs
  • mrkb said:
    I don’t like PRS amps because of the large logo on them….. um yeah!

I am afraid I bailed at the first sighting of Crocs. I would have preferred DMs or at least a pair of converse, if he were under 35.
    Crocs have their place , working in a restaurant or mortuary, but not reviewing guitars.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6914
    mrkb said:
    I don’t like PRS amps because of the large logo on them….. um yeah!

I am afraid I bailed at the first sighting of Crocs. I would have preferred DMs or at least a pair of converse, if he were under 35.
    Crocs have their place , working in a restaurant or mortuary, but not reviewing guitars.
    Ah, but "theyre Rock N Roll geezer"! I dont want my shoes to be perfect they have to have a bit of a fight in them - Lol!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23070
    Well one thing's for sure, he's not under 35.
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 205
    It's these kind of standards that we are all missing. How can any of us hold our heads up high, speak to our children with authority or sleep with good conciounce. The manifesto starts here! 

I support this. Sign me up!!
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    Used DGT SE bargains about....a flame top went for £550 on ebay last month snd theres a goldtop with core tuners on FB marketplace for £600
    Pure speculation but maybe the versatility lets the DGT down for the people who do move it on. A Strat, Les Paul or tele all have that distinctive sound (or mojo) whereas the DGT is almost more generic in that sense (and has a dog headstock). The traditional guitars leave you wishing they would do everything else (a tele is versatile but it still sounds like a tele, same with a les Paul, Strat not so much). The DGT does everything but doesn’t get all the way there. Having said that, there isn’t a bad sound it. Just a good take on a HH guitar. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4881
    It's the control layout for me, the switch is on the wrong place, and two volumes and a master tone is weird. Obviously its Mr Grissoms guitar, and he specs it as he sees fit, but I can see why the likes of Jeff Mcerlain rewire em. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

Yeah it is pretty funky but I think it kind works. 
  • skinfreak said:
    It's these kind of standards that we are all missing. How can any of us hold our heads up high, speak to our children with authority or sleep with good conciounce. The manifesto starts here! 

I support this. Sign me up!!
    If he is ever looking for a side hustle the Victoria & Albert Museum are recruiting a Crocs advisor to 'help us celebrate and discover more about the enormous, and often surprising, creative diversity on offer at the V&A' 
    duotone said:
    birtner said:
    I have a light one and it’s a joy to play. Doesn’t have a bad sound in it and will cover all bases. Like a Strat on steroids. Headstock still looks like it would be a virgin if it could talk but I now have an excuse to buy another junior which will rebalance the mojo. 
    @birtner ;
    Do you know the weight?
    7.5lbs
    Cheers @birtner ;

Peach have some new Goldtops in stock: https://www.peachguitars.com/prs-se-dgt-goldtop-with-moons.htm

No individual photos or weights yet. 
  • Mike58Mike58 Frets: 162
    Jota said:
    I had one for a couple of weeks.
    It was heavy and, although the coil split sounds amazing, it would not replace my tele.
    I LOVED the neck profile. Really, really chunky and awesome.
    The pickups are a bit too hot for my taste but the trick is the treble bleed. It does A LOT with just the volume. Not a guitar I would keep on 10 90% of the time.
    Maybe one day I'll try to find a lighter one cause it was a really cool guitar.
    Made a quick video before sending it back:

Is that a lefty or a video flip?