Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PRS DGT SE incoming...

What's Hot

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9373
    Got to say, the one in the guitarist video was truly stunning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, but they don’t have the teardrop burst of the originals :(
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3324
    edited February 2023
    I spoke to Guitar Guitar today to see if they had an ETA but they didn't and hoped it was in the next couple of weeks.

They did say they had 30 on order but didn't specify which finish and nearly half of them had gone via pre-order
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    Anyone else noticed the Facebook DGT SE posts from PRS Europe today? Comically they are calling it the GDT
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Strat54 said:
    Anyone else noticed the Facebook DGT SE posts from PRS Europe today? Comically they are calling it the GDT
    The Grissom David Tremolo 
  • Strat54 said:
    I did see that! However, it made me look at the ad, now I want one. So who's laughing now...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    Strat54 said:
    I did see that! However, it made me look at the ad, now I want one. So who's laughing now...
    They ammended it late last night lol. I wanted one too, not sure why. I've had a couple of core ones, the first one was only £1399 from Coda and was like new but somehow it wasn't me.....was a heavy beast too. Watch that Trogley guys video on Youtube...that might help put you off cos it sounded like crap with him. 
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Strat54 said:
    Strat54 said:
    They ammended it late last night lol. I wanted one too, not sure why. I've had a couple of core ones, the first one was only £1399 from Coda and was like new but somehow it wasn't me.....was a heavy beast too. Watch that Trogley guys video on Youtube...that might help put you off cos it sounded like crap with him. 
    I think that’s more to do with Trogley than the guitar! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Adamski said:
    Strat54 said:
    Strat54 said:
    All the gear no idea personified. But the gear is his bag I guess. He certainly knows his specs, I do enjoy his teardowns

Strat54 said:
    Must have been written by ChatGDT
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23068
    roberty said:
    Adamski said:
    Strat54 said:
    Watch that Trogley guys video on Youtube...that might help put you off cos it sounded like crap with him. 
    All the gear no idea personified. But the gear is his bag I guess. He certainly knows his specs, I do enjoy his teardowns
    In defence of Trogly, his interest in guitars and his enthusiasm for what he does is entirely genuine.  It may seem bizarre to anyone who is primarily a player and less interested in gear, but the different perspectives are equally valid.  Collectors of watches or guitars don't seem to get much flak, but they also can only use one at a time...

I'm much closer to a "Trogly" than I am to a "player", but even I sometimes think why would you go to all the trouble of getting that guitar, making a 25-minute video, then immediately putting it up for sale?  But I'm in no position to judge.  And it may have actually influenced me to spend less!  As for his playing... it's true, he's not great, but again his enthusiasm's genuine.  He knows a lot of riffs, so he obviously puts some time in.... and he's a better player than I am.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6913
    edited February 2023
    I saw the gold top version at the Birmingham guitar show today and was disappointed in the colour. Doesn’t look the same as the gold top McCartys I’ve seen. Not sure what’s changed, could be partly due to the flatter body contours, anyone compared the colour to a Core DGT?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Philly_Q said:
    roberty said:
    Adamski said:
    Strat54 said:
    Watch that Trogley guys video on Youtube...that might help put you off cos it sounded like crap with him. 
    In defence of Trogly, his interest in guitars and his enthusiasm for what he does is entirely genuine.  It may seem bizarre to anyone who is primarily a player and less interested in gear, but the different perspectives are equally valid.  Collectors of watches or guitars don't seem to get much flak, but they also can only use one at a time...

I'm much closer to a "Trogly" than I am to a "player", but even I sometimes think why would you go to all the trouble of getting that guitar, making a 25-minute video, then immediately putting it up for sale?  But I'm in no position to judge.  And it may have actually influenced me to spend less!  As for his playing... it's true, he's not great, but again his enthusiasm's genuine.  He knows a lot of riffs, so he obviously puts some time in.... and he's a better player than I am.
    I probably sounded a bit disrespectful and I didn't mean to be. He's managed to turn his hobby into a money spinner which is the dream really. The churn is probably necessary to keep feeding the content machine

There's been a few times I've wanted to know something specific about a particular model and found that Trogly had documented the whole thing, so it's a great resource he's created
  • @roberty did he figure out the size of the frets on it? I can't find any specific mention on the PRS site or retailers to say whether they're tall or not....
    JohnCordy said:
    @roberty did he figure out the size of the frets on it? I can't find any specific mention on the PRS site or retailers to say whether they're tall or not....
    1:50 medium jumbo

roberty said:
    JohnCordy said:
    @roberty did he figure out the size of the frets on it? I can't find any specific mention on the PRS site or retailers to say whether they're tall or not....
    1:50 medium jumbo

8:10 he's not sure, he thinks they're tall 

• @roberty that's me unfortunately haha I can't find any specs anywhere, just that the original DGT has tall 6100 sized
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6913
    JohnCordy said:
    @roberty that's me unfortunately haha I can't find any specs anywhere, just that the original DGT has tall 6100 sized
    Send the guitar to me and I'll measure the frets with my vernier callipers. Glad to help! ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    JohnCordy said:
    @roberty that's me unfortunately haha I can't find any specs anywhere, just that the original DGT has tall 6100 sized
    Oh shit haha didn't make the connection! How embarrassing. Didn't expect to see you here
    @JohnCordy Trogly didn't mention fret size and Phil McKnight thinks medium jumbo but it sounds like he's guessing. PRS can probably tell you if you get in touch. Or a pair of calipers