Anyone else scammed by J Collingridge, photographer AKA Lexerr emerger jridge scalded_ape

What's Hot

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Nope, it's fundamentally the fault of the cock socket who's decided he has the right to take peoples money and only give them the V's in return.

I might just have to send out a few awkward tweets to him and his business contacts.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    fastboy said:
    I must admit being nosey I did go and check out his Facebook pages and see that he locked down his personal page and now you have to ask for his contact details on his business page so clearly he's reading this page and knows people are on to him. 

If he is reading this page, is there any way of telling if he's using yet
    another username as I don't think he's visited it as Lexerr since the 17th Feb
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    He could just be a guest.

• ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Ah! of course, Duh!!
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    I wonder if there's any way of easily getting a link to this thread to all of his contacts. I can't do it from where I am unfortunately, but someone here might be able to.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    edited February 2015
    joeyowen said:
    What a cock juggling thunder cnut, I hope someone traps his balls in a kettle.

I always insist on avoiding PPG for buying or selling, and I hope people don't get offended when I say no to PPG, just covering my arse, and this is exactly why

I usually do the same. Recently I bought a pedal from Norway for £200. The guy wanted to clear 250 Euros including postage so I said let's call it 260 Euros and I'll pay you through normal PP. That way I ensured I had some form of recourse if a complete stranger didn't send me my goods. Cost me an extra £8 but I was happy to pay it for piece of mind. 

I appreciate it's a game of trust as well as I recently had someone send me £1750 through paypal gift for a Les Paul where he replied to my gumtree ad. He didn't know me but could tell from my Ebay ad and my ad here as I directed him to this forum and the good traders thread that I was trustworthy. I hadn't specifically asked him to gift it but I guess he got a sense of trust from me and having some credentials to back it up with. Needless to say he's over the moon with the Les Paul that arrived with him the following working day from posting. 

I think sometimes as a seller I would usually take the hit on PP if it's very small if I really want rid of something and the buyer wants reassurance. 

So anyway, Mr Dodgy Seller now that your address is out there, are you going to be a bit nervous every time the door bell rings now??

I think you guys with his address should post it on an open thread for everywhere he's doing these scamming transactions. I bet he'd get his come uppance pretty quick.....
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27499
    edited February 2015
    The [admin edit - wife's name removed] mentioned is almost certainly the one mentioned in the first post here by Mr Jbob aka Mr Collingridge..
    From where her email address and direct dial phone line are easily available ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    Another small lead is that fucko's brother worked for Amersham Audi in 2007.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    The "closed" threads relating to the mythical items this crook was allegedly selling seem to have disappeared? Have the mods still got access to these in case evidence is needed?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24276
    @TTony

can you preserve all relevant threads for evidence?
    @TTony

can you preserve all relevant threads for evidence?
    Yes.

Lexerr and all his aliases have been banned, so he can't edit anything.  
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited February 2015

I am not new here, but don't post very often and so I will not be "known" to many folks here. However, I've read this thread with interest and thoroughly applaud you guys for your work in tracking down this scoundrel. I sincerely hope the matter is resolved for all concerned. It does also raise a related issue which has been mentioned in various posts already, and that is how to provide some sort of safeguard for anyone interested in buying through the classifieds where the seller is a newbie, or someone like me, ie without a track record. I did sell a couple of items through Musicradar a while back, and in the last year or so I have posted one or two items for sale here, but got very little response, not that I'm complaining about that though I think my asking prices were fair, but I was aware at the time that if I were an established forum member I would be wary of buying from me, simply because of my lack of track record. I'm sure the moderators here have given this a good deal of thought already, but maybe at least there should be a probationary period for new forum members, as there is on another forum I subscribe to, during which they are not able to post items for sale. Also, maybe there could be a more upfront feedback system; I have in the past referred possible buyers to my eBay feedback profile for reassurance, though of course there's no real proof that the identity I point them to is actually me. I don't have any real solutions here, just vague ideas which may or may not be helpful. I also realise that the good people who run this forum give up their own time to do so.

Anyway, I hope this shyster is caught.

edited February 2015
    Beexter said:
    The "closed" threads relating to the mythical items this crook was allegedly selling seem to have disappeared? Have the mods still got access to these in case evidence is needed?
    @Beexter - the threads are still there - eg here - although Jonathan Collingridge (keep stating the name, you never know what Google's indexing will pick up) has removed the photos from his Photobucket account.

[edit]
    @ellangus - I've just edited the title of your thread to name Jonathan Collingridge (scam merchant) specifically in the thread title. Just to help Google's indexing ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4534
    edited February 2015
    Jonathan Collingridge @ttony it might be worth putting 'Jonathan Collingridge Photographer' in the thread title to tie his scams to his business

• DesVegas;527505" said:
    Jonathan Collingridge
    The untrustworthy scammer and thief Jonathan Collingridge?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes ntdj thats the fellow Jonathan Collingridge 
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    this thread about Jonathan Collingridge currently appears only on p 3 of Google search results

edited February 2015
    not if you type Jonathan Collingridge scammer, but then who's going to type that??
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    TTony said:

@Beexter - the threads are still there - eg here - although Jonathan Collingridge (keep stating the name, you never know what Google's indexing will pick up) has removed the photos from his Photobucket account.
    Cheers @TTony - I was fearful that he may have taken them down. In a way, it's good to know that Jonathan Collingridge has removed the photo's from his Photobucket account as it shows that he is aware of the impending shit-storm heading his way and is clearly trying to hide his tracks. He is hopefully starting to feel really quite uncomfortable. I wonder if Mrs Collingridge is aware of his antics. I'm sure she'll become aware soon. More potential discomfort for Jonathan Collingridge to contend with.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    bet he's shittin' himself..............and selling it for the roses/compost
    tae be or not tae be