Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Star Wars: Rogue One

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I thought it was too long and I didn't invest in any of the new characters except the lead really. Some nice effects except for the cgi faces which I honestly thought looked like something from a PlayStation fmv.
    I did actually nod off in the middle but that was my fault not the films!
    The battle over the planet was great and the actual ending was brilliant, I'd just been wishing for it for a good 30 mins.
    This all sounds negative but it's Star Wars so over all I  enjoyed it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7543
    Pfft - there was so much actual story it would have been a waste of valuable screen time developing backstory for them all - particularly in the circumstances! They all behaved consistently and served their part.

I thought it was great. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I have to say I also think a little more character background would have been good. The lead female you definitely feel for. 
    Vader definitely kicks ass. I quite liked the main bad guy, too.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11913
    TimmyO said:
    Pfft - there was so much actual story it would have been a waste of valuable screen time developing backstory for them all - particularly in the circumstances! They all behaved consistently and served their part.

I thought it was great. 
    Not necessarily scene and scene of character exploration, but even a few more lines of dialogue of who they are that give the character more meat.

What really hits home when they all die in the end was that..."I don't really care" because I don't feel for them, the characters are not fully fleshed out, good as they may be, they are thin on paper.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You may want to remove that spoiler @RaymondLin  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Is it really a spoiler.

We all know how episode IV goes.
  • I'm not gonna comment on it lol :)
  • TimmyO said:

I thought it was great. 
    Not necessarily scene and scene of character exploration, but even a few more lines of dialogue of who they are that give the character more meat.

What really hits home when they all die in the end was that..."I don't really care" because I don't feel for them, the characters are not fully fleshed out, good as they may be, they are thin on paper.
    I did not expect that ending from the Star Wars stable.  I thought it was a corker and particularly brave for a Disney film.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16768
    TimmyO said:

I thought it was great. 

I did not expect that ending from the Star Wars stable.  I thought it was a corker and particularly brave for a Disney film.
    I have not seen it yet, nor am I that bothered about the spoilers.  It's the only way it could end isn't it?

i have been saying or a while it's how Rebels must end too.  They have been pretty t brave in that so far, but I am not really sure they are that brave
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11913
    WezV said:
    TimmyO said:

I thought it was great. 

I have not seen it yet, nor am I that bothered about the spoilers.  It's the only way it could end isn't it?

i have been saying or a while it's how Rebels must end too.  They have been pretty t brave in that so far, but I am not really sure they are that brave
    Well, there are many movies where i know the outcome before going in yet i can still care for the characters so knowing ahead doesn't mean there can't be or should't be some meat on the people who gets killed off.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3061
    Just seen it. Good film, I thought much more interesting and less predictable than Force Awakens. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The "predictability" is an attraction. And required. Star Wars is written for ten-year-olds. If I was to have seen each episode on subsequent Saturday's (like the Buster Crabbe serials they were inspired by) at age ten, would have blown my fucking mind.

As is, though, to my inner 10yo, they blown my fucking mind.
  • I've just came back from cinema and I think it was absolutely great. Felt quite old school, somehow similar to original trilogy. For 2016 where expectations are massive - positive surprise. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3061
    The "predictability" is an attraction. And required. Star Wars is written for ten-year-olds. If I was to have seen each episode on subsequent Saturday's (like the Buster Crabbe serials they were inspired by) at age ten, would have blown my fucking mind.

As is, though, to my inner 10yo, they blown my fucking mind.
    The Force Awakens was so predictable because the storyline was 85% A New Hope, I got bored about halfway through because of that. Not a bad film but cetainly not something I could keep on watching again and again like some of the other Star Wars films.

Rogue One on the other hand had a storyline that flowed well, made sense and ended in a way that I didn't expect but thought was just right.

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1543
    I think the ending worked well because there was a definite scramble to get the message passed on - despite knowing what happens next I kept thinking 'bloody hell, they're not going to make it'.
    Rarely have I watched a film with such edge-of-the-seatedness.
    Still think Vader was much too jerky and speedy of motion though..

Adam
  • Vader really kicked ass at the end - totally awesome. 
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I thought it was gonna end as episode 4 started with the ship about to be captured.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    What's bugging me is where are all the dying Bothans?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspek said:
    As has been said wrong Deathstar.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16768
    edited December 2016
    ennspek said:
    As has been said wrong Deathstar.
    I do hope we get a film with Bothans at some point.... but i guess rogue one rules that out for the next few years.  Too many other prime story lines available to do one with such a similar plot device so soon