The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24585
    Just watched the finale while eating lunch.

Not bad at all.

I'm glad the thing happened to allow the larger thing to develop more in the next season.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    edited April 2023
    Just watched the finale while eating lunch.

Not bad at all.

I'm glad the thing happened to allow the larger thing to develop more in the next season.
    Whatched it while eating my wheatybangs* this morning. Enjoyed it, but it felt a bit rushed. Really impressed by Ahsoka trailer.

* = (c) Terry Wogan

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 586
    Also watched it this morning. I think Season 2 was better overall.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    darthed1981 said:

Still, in terms of people making pathologically stupid decisions leading to horrible death, real life has TV thoroughly beaten...

Charge of the Light Brigade
    The French at Trafalgar
    The whole American civil war
    Dieppe - specifically, always a horrible idea at every level...

We always forget just how often in real life total fucking idiots get put in charge of mens lives.
    The real tragedy of the Charge of the Light Brigade is that it's become legendary as a heroic failure and an enormously costly military blunder...

... but sixty years later, the outcome - the Brigade reached the Russian guns, did some damage and then retreated, with 110 killed and 161 wounded from an attacking force of 670 - would have been considered a tactical success with moderate casualties.

Anyway - I thought that wasn't a bad episode by the standards of the series or Star Wars in general. As usual I really liked the Coruscant section - it's beginning to look consistently like Blade Runner meets Metropolis in modern Japan, which can only be a good thing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Why do all control panels have a button to completely destroy the thing they control. And not password protected.

Other than that - series unjumped the shark with the last two episodes. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3062
    edited April 2023
    Petty nerd observation alert!

Maybe this is common knowledge but I noticed that shooting an empire door control panel locks the door (in a New Hope).  But I’m sure in this series a door was opened by shooting its control panel.  Do you think Empire door control panels have a little yellow sticker on to say what will happen when you shoot it?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2794
    I was very pleased that between the episode where the big bird stole the Mandolorian child, to the last episode, they solved the amount of fuel in their jet packs issue.   So much so that they can now fly up through the atmosphere to an orbiting space ship. Bravo :) 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Just watched the last episode. Not impressed overall. Not the best Star Wars spin-off by a long chalk.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    I’m reasonably glad that it’s over. Just very hard to care about any of it in the end. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    I’m reasonably glad that it’s over. Just very hard to care about any of it in the end. 

Ditto.

Trust there's no Series four.  It could only poo on the memory of one and two...
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164

Ditto.

Trust there's no Series four.  It could only poo on the memory of one and two...

Starts filming in October.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    :'(
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2794
    Oh yes I was very impressed that their helmets are sealed against vacuums and that they have oxygen stored in their armour somewhere too ;) 

I’m also guessing that the “Empire” forgot about their new super armour and jet packs and all that and instead went back to crappy stormtrooper armour for Episodes 7 8 and 9 , which I’ve always wondered why they wear it seeing as they provide no protection whatsoever seemingly ;)

but I loved that episode and roll on the next series of whatever it is 
    I liked the last episode, for all of the implausible nonsense. It had a real feel of the original Star Wars (I still have difficulty with "A New Hope"...) to it. I'm quite sure that was intentional.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4653
    sev112 said:
    Oh yes I was very impressed that their helmets are sealed against vacuums and that they have oxygen stored in their armour somewhere too ;) 

I’m also guessing that the “Empire” forgot about their new super armour and jet packs and all that and instead went back to crappy stormtrooper armour for Episodes 7 8 and 9 , which I’ve always wondered why they wear it seeing as they provide no protection whatsoever seemingly ;)

but I loved that episode and roll on the next series of whatever it is 
    I guess the steel is a little rare and reserved for crack troops only not your run of the mill grunt.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16772
    sev112 said:

I guess the steel is a little rare and reserved for crack troops only not your run of the mill grunt.
    Or the fractured nature of the Empire at this point means Gideon might not have shared his advancements with the others.

Or it just comes down to the Empirial remnants PnL.  Gideon funded his troops armour for his own vanity project, but when the bean counters higher up saw the cost they decided to go with another supplier for the main army.

I'm not sure how I feel about this ending.  It was a good episode, but in terms of Din's story it sets us back to Season 1.  No bad thing really, as when this show was announced we all assumed it would be a show about a bounty hunter... but we have had big storylines hinted at, but not delivered on throughout  

The cloning storylines seemed to be linking in with the sequels, then didn't.  The Dark Sabre seemed massively important, then wasn't. Bo as the Mandalorian saviour didn't even get to beat the bad guy. Gideon didn't achieve anything that menacing, besides a fancy suit. The armorer was set up as a potential traitor in an episode called "Spies",  etc etc...  
  • I didn't like this series as much as the last one, but I've still enjoyed it. I don't think I take it as seriously or think about it as critically as a lot of people; there have been points made in this thread and other places online that just hadn't even occurred to me.

I liked the bit where he went all John Wick on the stormtroopers as the forcefields came down. I've been saying since the very first episode that considering he's supposed to be an elite bounty hunter fighting machine, he spends a lot of time getting his arse kicked!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

WezV said:

The cloning storylines seemed to be linking in with the sequels, then didn't.  The Dark Sabre seemed massively important, then wasn't. Bo as the Mandalorian saviour didn't even get to beat the bad guy. Gideon didn't achieve anything that menacing, besides a fancy suit.
    Did anyone else think Gideon might not be actually dead? We see him apparently disappear into a fireball as the ship crashes around him, but after the flames clear there was no body, and he was wearing a powered armour suit…

There are Darksabres in Duel Of The Fates, but I can’t remember if there are in Rise Of Skywalker - sorry, I’ve successfully blanked it out of my memory :) - and I did think the guys in red might have become the Knights Of Ren, but they appear to be dead now.

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4653
    But remember he requested the crack troops, the tie fighters and the body guards in the previous episode.
  • there will be a season 4, there were a few threads remaining open and more to explore..  the bescar found at the scene of the GIdeon breakout, the handover of the cloning tech, the dark sabre remnant becoming Snoke's ring, probably the creation of Snoke, the development of Din Grogu.. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?