The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    there will be a season 4, there were a few threads remaining open and more to explore..  the bescar found at the scene of the GIdeon breakout, the handover of the cloning tech, the dark sabre remnant becoming Snoke's ring, probably the creation of Snoke, the development of Din Grogu.. 

The Beskar at the gideon breakout was from the flying imperial commandos
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4653
    Of course the New republic will take the Beskar remant as proof that the Mandalorians freed Gideon, so the Mandalorians will have to fight on two fronts. Unless of course Din can persuade them otherwise.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3605
    Petty nerd observation alert!

Maybe this is common knowledge but I noticed that shooting an empire door control panel locks the door (in a New Hope).  But I’m sure in this series a door was opened by shooting its control panel.  Do you think Empire door control panels have a little yellow sticker on to say what will happen when you shoot it?
    I think if you hover the cursor over one, up pops a handy tool tip. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11875
    Greatape said:
    Petty nerd observation alert!

Maybe this is common knowledge but I noticed that shooting an empire door control panel locks the door (in a New Hope).  But I’m sure in this series a door was opened by shooting its control panel.  Do you think Empire door control panels have a little yellow sticker on to say what will happen when you shoot it?
    I think if you hover the cursor over one, up pops a handy tool tip. 
    Then Clippy appears "Hi, it looks like you'd like to destroy this control panel, would you like me to help?"
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    sev112 said:

I’m also guessing that the “Empire” forgot about their new super armour and jet packs and all that and instead went back to crappy stormtrooper armour for Episodes 7 8 and 9 , which I’ve always wondered why they wear it seeing as they provide no protection whatsoever seemingly ;)

I guess the steel is a little rare and reserved for crack troops only not your run of the mill grunt.
    Or the fractured nature of the Empire at this point means Gideon might not have shared his advancements with the others.
    They explain this in the episode "I've exploited your planet's rich resources..." Gideon is on Mandalore FOR the Beskar specifically to build his super-troopers.

As the Mandalorians retake the planet, nobody is getting any more Beskar armour, so all the First Order troops have to make do with armour that doesn't actually stop any kind of blaster fire...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16768
    ICBM said:
    WezV said:

The cloning storylines seemed to be linking in with the sequels, then didn't.  The Dark Sabre seemed massively important, then wasn't. Bo as the Mandalorian saviour didn't even get to beat the bad guy. Gideon didn't achieve anything that menacing, besides a fancy suit.
    Did anyone else think Gideon might not be actually dead? We see him apparently disappear into a fireball as the ship crashes around him, but after the flames clear there was no body, and he was wearing a powered armour suit…

There are Darksabres in Duel Of The Fates, but I can’t remember if there are in Rise Of Skywalker - sorry, I’ve successfully blanked it out of my memory :) - and I did think the guys in red might have become the Knights Of Ren, but they appear to be dead now.
    It would fit.  Although really to come back he needs a body part slicing off.

There is also a theory the Gideon we saw here is already a clone
  • They still haven’t explained why he puts all those Bibles in hotel rooms.

10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7543
    I thought the fight sequence was really really well done - the 3 of them repeatedly stepping in to help the others - it took all 3 to keep each other alive in the encounter - then the ‘splosion did him (maybe) 

But in the same sequence the plot-relevant dark sabre  just gets erased :-/ Odd. 

I enjoy the series - I just enjoy stuff that happens in the Star Wars universe - some is great, some is so so and the odd bit is a bit sketchy. But I’m glad it’s there. All of it. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24583
    TimmyO said:
    I thought the fight sequence was really really well done - the 3 of them repeatedly stepping in to help the others - it took all 3 to keep each other alive in the encounter - then the ‘splosion did him (maybe) 

But in the same sequence the plot-relevant dark sabre  just gets erased :-/ Odd. 

I enjoy the series - I just enjoy stuff that happens in the Star Wars universe - some is great, some is so so and the odd bit is a bit sketchy. But I’m glad it’s there. All of it. 
    Me too.

Just like Trek. Even bad SW is better than no SW.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2794
    I almost agree, i just can’t manage the cartoons :(
  • This series was such a hotch potch of randomness, it felt very unsatisfying.
    By the end, I couldn’t care less what happened, I was just glad to get to the end.

I expect there will be another series, but I’d prefer it if they just let it go now.

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    ICBM said:
    WezV said:

The cloning storylines seemed to be linking in with the sequels, then didn't.  The Dark Sabre seemed massively important, then wasn't. Bo as the Mandalorian saviour didn't even get to beat the bad guy. Gideon didn't achieve anything that menacing, besides a fancy suit.
    Did anyone else think Gideon might not be actually dead? We see him apparently disappear into a fireball as the ship crashes around him, but after the flames clear there was no body, and he was wearing a powered armour suit…

There are Darksabres in Duel Of The Fates, but I can’t remember if there are in Rise Of Skywalker - sorry, I’ve successfully blanked it out of my memory :) - and I did think the guys in red might have become the Knights Of Ren, but they appear to be dead now.

I would put money on Moff Gideon being alive.

There's no Darksaber in the canon TROS.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Of course the New republic will take the Beskar remant as proof that the Mandalorians freed Gideon, so the Mandalorians will have to fight on two fronts. Unless of course Din can persuade them otherwise.

I think Din Djarin's conversation with Captain Teva at the end suggests that's all been squared away, or it would have gone very differently.

"Hey Captain T, can I do bounty huntering for you guys?"

"After your lot broke a massive war criminal out of Republic custody? Not fucking likely".

"Wait, what?"

<suspenseful music plays>

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7543
    sev112 said:
    I almost agree, i just can’t manage the cartoons :(
    oh I haven't watched any of those. 

I was going to when I heard that Disney+ had a playlist of Ahsoka pre-watching, then when I looked I saw it's a good few months worth of watching (at the rate I'd be able to) so thought sod that 
    Red ones are better. 
    edited April 2023
    If clone wars is too much, Rebels is excellent from the start and much more engaging for all audiences.  Some of the series finales are up there with the best SW scenes ever.

There are some great clone wars episodes, but it is undeniably inconsistent

Although the latest series of clone wars is well worth a watch and mostly perfect

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2794
    Why aren’t there any female stormtroopers ? Is it a clone thing ?
    edited April 2023
    sev112 said:
    Why aren’t there any female stormtroopers ? Is it a clone thing ?
    There are - Finn meets female former stormtroopers in ROS if I recall.

Edit:... and stormtroopers are a mixture of indoctrinated kids raised to be stormtroopers and true believers  - not clones, the clones were retired after the clone wars.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I started the Ahsoka Disney+ list.... it's a pretty strong recommendation, avoids a lot of the clone wars filler episodes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5551
    WezV said:
    I started the Ahsoka Disney+ list.... it's a pretty strong recommendation, avoids a lot of the clone wars filler episodes.
    I skipped the Clone Wars episodes and decided to watch the whole of Rebels. I'm half way through season 1 and it's really good so far. 
    DiscoStu said:
    WezV said:
    I skipped the Clone Wars episodes and decided to watch the whole of Rebels. I'm half way through season 1 and it's really good so far. 
    I just started watching Rebels today. It's good- just the right amount of fan service along with the beginnings of an interesting plot.

I've also been watching The Bad Batch with my eldest son- it's also very good.