Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

[Football] Spurs, Manager

What's Hot

Comments

• Another Palace fan here and still can’t quite believe what I saw against a side that for the past few seasons we would have just sat back against and said ‘score if you can cos we won’t’.
    Even without Son I find it hard to believe Nuno can’t get a tune out of Kane . A good time to play Spurs for us
    Really worried that Kane is sulking and his form will be similar to Erikson's when he wanted to go. We'll see.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    I can just imagine all the Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester City and Chelsea fans all over the world jumping for joy when Ronaldo scored for Manchester United on or about the fifth minute of five minutes injury time.  How unifying sport is.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    I can just imagine all the Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester City and Chelsea fans all over the world jumping for joy when Ronaldo scored for Manchester United on or about the fifth minute of five minutes injury time.  How unifying sport is.
    I had a small cheer. 

https://i.imgur.com/uS2RG1z.png

Not as big as my tiny bet on the Madrid game yesterday with Tiraspol though. Thought I'd drop a couple of quid on the minnows after they had the goal disallowed that would have made it 2-1 to them. Absolute screamer for the winner. 

• Rocker said:
    It was clear from watching the game that United are a shambles at the moment, how Villarreal didn’t score more goals I’ll never know.  De Gea was back to his best - he had to be.  I would imagine most fans of those clubs if they watched the game realised they are a way off the pace yet.

As a United fan it keeps the dream alive a bit longer, but also delays the inevitable.  We may limp
    out of the group phase but that’s about it……

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2288
    Hard to be a Spurs fan. Ever was. 
  • Spurs are a car crash right now.   Hard to believe all the hard work that Poch put in has been completely undone by Levy.  They seemed to be on the brink of being an outstanding team just a few seasons ago…. Now they’re the fifth best London team and Kane looks like he’d much rather be somewhere completely different.  
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    A superb appointment by Spurs… Nuno and his team (because he brings a lot with him) are meticulous in their preparation and delivery. I honest believe that you couldn’t have appointed a better man…

I live in the Black Country and Im a Q.P.R. fan, but Wolves are my local team, and I regularly visit a cafe in Tettenhall where a lot of Wolves players/staff frequent. So, Ive had a fair bit of insider info…

Nuno is a legend around here, and Tottenham will fly under him.
    This aged well

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27517
    I'm trying to maintain a sense of calm and balance.

After 3 games of the season, Spurs were top of the league with a perfect record (and Arsenal were bottom with the complete opposite).

Neither situation was going to last.

Nuno arrived late, Kane arrived later.  Then half the team disappeared off on international games, some came back injured and some detoured via Croatia for 10 days.  They're all about to disappear off again shortly.

That's a hopeless basis on which to try to prepare the players, including a bunch of new players, with a new manager, new coaches and (hopefully) a new approach, to play games.

I'll take a view at the end of the year. 

I'm pretty confident that we'll be out of the running for the title by then, but probably still in Europe (regrettably - that's an unhelpful distraction), the FA Cup and top4 should still be a realistic aim.   If not ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14264
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

I'm pretty confident that we'll be out of the running for the title by the end of October

FTFY
    TTony said:

I'm pretty confident that we'll be out of the running for the title by the end of October

FTFY
    You may well be right, but all Spurs fans are unfounded optimists.
    :D
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11299
    Our midfield has disappeared.

Poch, Maureen, Mason and now Nuno have failed to halt Dele's decline.

Ndombele has been at the club for two and a half years and still can't last for ninety minutes.

Hojbjerg is in a bit of a dip in form at the moment, and Skipp is still young and relatively inexperienced. 

When your back four have little or no protection in front of them you can be overrun. And we have been.

Nuno says he picked the wrong team against Woolwich. Well fuck me, not only is that stating the blindingly obvious but isn't picking the right team what he's paid to do? 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
    scrumhalf said:

Yeah, but he's had lots of lucrative endorsement deals and look how hip-and-cool his hair is now.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited September 2021
    Dele’s a tit  - he’s more concerned about Instagram and Fortnite than fulfilling his potential. He’ll be on the verge of retirement before he grows up.

Conte was close to signing but he wanted too much control over transfers  - something Levy would never agree to. A guy like Conte doesn’t need the money - he wants to win shit and not stagnate in mid table.
    edited September 2021
    Philly_Q said:
    scrumhalf said:

Yeah, but he's had lots of lucrative endorsement deals and look how hip-and-cool his hair is now.
    His form and apparent “enjoyment of the lifestyle” certainly seem to be inversely related.

I’ve been hoping Nuno would re-find the Dele of a few years back, because there should still be one hell of a footballer tucked away in there somewhere.

Ndombele just proves my theory that Spurs *never* spend big money wisely.  They might walk away from a championship player because he’s unproven in the PremLeague and overpriced at £20m.  But then they find £60m for a moody Frenchman who also happens to be unproven (still) in the PremLeague.

*sigh*

Instead of Ndombele, we could have bought a championship team, used it as the B team and used it to give our younger players a chance to play real football and develop into first teamers.  Instead of watching them get bored playing meaningless under15/17/18/21/23 age group matches.
    Dele’s a tit  - he’s more concerned about Instagram and Fortnite than fulfilling his potential. He’ll be on the verge of retirement before he grows up.

Conte was close to signing but he wanted too much control over transfers  - something Levy would never agree to. A guy like Conte doesn’t need the money - he wants to win shit and not stagnate in mid table.
    Conte was apparently the chosen one until Paratici arrived and he wanted a more defence-minded manager. Well, it's not exactly going according to plan.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    TTony said:
    Philly_Q said:
    scrumhalf said:

His form and apparent “enjoyment of the lifestyle” certainly seem to be inversely related.

I’ve been hoping Nuno would re-find the Dele of a few years back, because there should still be one hell of a footballer tucked away in there somewhere.

Ndombele just proves my theory that Spurs *never* spend big money wisely.  They might walk away from a championship player because he’s unproven in the PremLeague and overpriced at £20m.  But then they find £60m for a moody Frenchman who also happens to be unproven (still) in the PremLeague.

*sigh*

Instead of Ndombele, we could have bought a championship team, used it as the B team and used it to give our younger players a chance to play real football and develop into first teamers.  Instead of watching them get bored playing meaningless under15/17/18/21/23 age group matches.
    I heard last season that David Pleat was very keen that Spurs should sign Ivan Toney as a Kane replacement when Toney was still at Peterborough.  That would have cost them 10m. 

Now it would cost 60m.   It’s crazy that the bigger Prem clubs don’t take the odd risk on lower league players…. which also has the benefit of keeping the smaller clubs alive. 
    It's almost true that if Arthur Snodgrass in League 2 was Arturo Snodgrazzio playing in the equivalent Italian league he'd have a better chance of being signed.

The problem these days is the requirement for instant gratification. We've signed players (Clarke, Sessignon) but they haven't set the world alight. Teams will buy what looks like a ready-made replacement rather than take the time with a lower-league signing.

On the other hand, Ndombele and Lo Celso cost a few bob and neither can last ninety minutes and be any good for most of the time they are actually on the pitch.

Still, after giving those Slovenians a tanking on Thursday I bet the rest of the league have ordered extra bogroll, so heavily are they crapping themselves at the thought of taking us on. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14264
    tFB Trader
    RobDavies said:
    TTony said:
    I heard last season that David Pleat was very keen that Spurs should sign Ivan Toney as a Kane replacement when Toney was still at Peterborough.  That would have cost them 10m. 

Now it would cost 60m.   It’s crazy that the bigger Prem clubs don’t take the odd risk on lower league players…. which also has the benefit of keeping the smaller clubs alive. 
    That is what is so wrong today with a lot of football and the power of money - No skill in spending 70 million on V Van Dyke - The skill is finding him for 13 million as per Soton did - Just one example but you get the drift 
    RobDavies said:
    TTony said:

That is what is so wrong today with a lot of football and the power of money - No skill in spending 70 million on V Van Dyke - The skill is finding him for 13 million as per Soton did - Just one example but you get the drift 
    I get the drift.

Though if Spurs has spent £70m on a Centre Back, we'd have probably gone for his slightly lesser known cousin. 

Deek.
  • Well we spent 42 mill on Sanchez and that hasn't turned out well.