Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

[Football] Spurs, Manager

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27509
    Well we spent 42 mill on Sanchez and that hasn't turned out well.
    To be fair, he’s been in the side, out of the side.  Playing with X, playing with Y, playing with Z.  And then back out of the side again.

Since the boss sold off Jan, there’s been no consistency at CB.  Then, selling off Toby and you’ve lost years of experience, and a damn good CB, too.  

Why on earth we got rid of the 2 CBs who play together in that position for the #1 national side is beyond me.

If there’s any position that needs consistency, and 2 players to know instinctively where the other one is going to be and what they’re going to do, then it’s the CBs.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    That was better. Not great, but better.

Spurs with Son firing are a different team. 
    Probably about time for another shortlist ....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4537
    edited October 2021
    Poor guy, he was a legend at wolves and now gets booed on a Saturday..

Ps, by poor guy I mean money grabbing bastard of course
    I wasn't one of the "Nuno out" brigade but the complete and utter shitshow yesterday must have consequences.

When we were relegated years ago we at least had the excuse of having some really bloody awful players. Now we have decent players who have, for some reason, lost the power, desire and intelligence to play. We have lost our playmaker, Eriksen, and since Dele fed off him we've effectively lost him as well. We spent a fortune on Ndombele and Sanchez, neither of whom show anything to suggest that week in, week out, they should be nailed-on choices. 

I'm not one of the trophy whores who want us to win a trophy regardless of who plays or manages or how we play. We can't throw money at the problem because we have a billion pounds of debt to service (at a rate aranged by Levy which nobody gives him credit for) and covid has fucked us. No income from games, no secondary income from American football, gigs or boxing.

As far as this season goes, we are fucked. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

Well you can keep your bloody mits off Vieira!!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited November 2021
    Yesterday was the first game that I have left early. I actually thought we played pretty well for the first half hour. Son, Moura and Royal all showed promise.

But after we'd gone a goal down we fell to bits. Thats becoming a common theme and it was unbearable to watch. Dier and Davies were a massive weak point and Ronaldo played them like children.

I can't really see the point of sacking Nuno. 4 managers in 3 years should make it fairly clear that the manager isn't the issue. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    TTony said:

I think there’s is very little chance of him going there. 

“I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, ‘could you speak a little bit of English to me?’. He nodded and said ‘Tottenham are shit’.” David Dein.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:

Just checked the long list too ...

Didnt see his name on there.
    ;)
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Gattuso is available again 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    I thought they looked woeful on Sat v Man U - Chances are Man U were always going to try and stage some recovery/credibility, but Spurs just looked devoid of flair/ideas - As for 'Arry - Just not at the races in any way shape or form

I bet Levy wishes they had not sacked Poch now - Fancy sacking a guy for getting to the major club knock out final only a few games earlier
    Get your applications in ....
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337

I bet Levy wishes they had not sacked Poch now - Fancy sacking a guy for getting to the major club knock out final only a few games earlier
    Yeah, an insane move. Maybe he will come back, he will be out of PSG if they fail to win the Champions league.

Do I feel sorry for Nuno? Well, no. I'd be happy to fail that spectacularly and walk away with probably millions.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    NelsonP said:
    I can't really see the point of sacking Nuno. 4 managers in 3 years should make it fairly clear that the manager isn't the issue. 
    Who do the hell do Spurs think they are, Watford ?

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I just hope Levy has a plan this time around.

No, a proper plan.
  • TTony said:
    I just hope Levy has a plan this time around.

No, a proper plan.
    Levy is obviously a very clever guy and you’d think knows what he is doing . Would love to have been a fly on the wall as it’s not like Spurs were going to win the league anyway - why not give Nuno until Jan at least ?

It can’t be a style thing surely as they knew Nuno played a counter attacking style before he joined 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited November 2021
    It's a results thing. We've taken a battering from Palace, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U. And we're 3rd in our group in the Europa conference league ffs. That, and the fact that Levy has to divert attention, once again.

The scenes in the stadium yesterday almost made Nuno's demise inevitable, and he knew it. Feel really sorry for him as he comes across as a decent fella. 

...and around we go again, looking for a new leader for the unleadable rabble that we have.

Poch must be wetting himself.
    Nuno now a no-no. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive got to say as a Palace fan and 'outsider' , Poch had Spurs massively over performing. Looking at Spur's  first 11 there arent many players I'd swap for any of ours except obviously Kane, Son , maybe Moura and Hojbjerg..  

What are the fans expecting from the group of players you have @TTony ? (genuine question, not trying to provoke !)
  • Honestly, how can spurs have lost their way so badly? The Champions League run was a huge achievement, but also a lucky one. The squad could have been improved, Porch could have stayed.

Since then it's been a horror show.