Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

[Football] Spurs, Manager

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22850
    So what do they do now?  A permanent appointment - if so, they'd better have someone lined up - or Mason as caretaker again?  If they flounder around going through a long list like they did last time (with several of the same names already mentioned) they risk becoming a laughing stock.  Levy's reputation as a man who may not be popular but knows what he's doing has already been seriously undermined.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27508
    What are the fans expecting from the group of players you have
    Above everything else - an entertaining style of play.  Sometimes we'll lose, sometimes we'll win - more of the latter so that we're comfortably top6, and ideally top4 - but we'll do it with some creativity and  passion.

"Trophies" would be nice, but I'd genuinely prefer glorious failure than be bored to death watching us grind out 1-0 victories.

Reaching the CL final was perhaps an "over-performance", but top4 finishes weren't.  The league positions were earned from the belief that Poch instilled in the players.     The CL run was perhaps a side-effect of that.

Now, the players are under-performing and doing it without any apparent belief or passion.
    :(

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1443
    What a joke Spurs are.  Sacking Mourinho before a Cup Final and sacking Nuno after 17 games.  Hardly enough to create a style of play, let alone a good one with those players.

Kane is a disgrace for trying to brute force his move to Man City and he's been anonymous since he came back.  1 goal this season isn't it?
  • A sacking this early reeks of them having someone lined up - they must have. Despite Nuno's Dingle connection I think he's alright and won't have a problem finding another club.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4537
    Conte is the word on the street 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    edited November 2021
    DesVegas said:
    Conte is the word on the street 
    I don’t think Levy has the open chequebook policy, that seems to be a requirement in getting Conte interested. Although I would be a intrigued to see what happens if he did take over. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    I thought Conte was on the list in the summer but he declined.
    CHRISB50 said:
    I don’t think Levy has the open chequebook policy, that seems to be a requirement in getting Conte interested. 
    The choice might be between backing Conte with the chequebook, or using that same chequebook to continue paying off a stream of managers who come in, don't get the team playing, and then get fired ...

I didn't think Conte was viable in the summer because (a) he's generally only short-term and (b) he has expensive tastes.  

But after Nuno, someone who lasts a season or two looks positively long-term, and it's difficult to do much business in the winter window, so perhaps the chequebook  will be protected for a while.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Dodge said:
    .... Sacking Mourinho before a Cup Final .....
    I forgot about that! I can't stand Mourinho, but that was an act of insanity - unless he slept with Levy's wife or something!?!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    I'm preparing a bid for a telly show, "I'm an ex-Tottenham manager, get me out of here". 

According to "a source" and one of the gossip websites ....

Antonio Conte will take Tottenham training tomorrow after agreeing to become the club’s new manager, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The Spurs players were informed by senior club chiefs at 1.30pm today that the Italian is heading in straight away to take over.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Conte will take charge of training tomorrow morning at their Hotspur Way headquarters.

Interesting times ahead.  Again.

• Hope the agreement was more than a handshake/ gentleman's agreement ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

• Ironic Conte was linked with United but the result being what it was on Saturday Spurs sacked their manager first and seem to be going for the available Italian.  Word on he street he is a bit abrasive for the Man U board but I do wonder what would have happened if Spurs had of won 3-0.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    HK best get his shit together along with the rest of the squad.  Could be just the thing they all need
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    Then again it is THFC
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1346
    I feel sorry for the outgoing manager, but the players knowing you were about 9th choice undermines your authority from the outset. Hopefully he's got the decent payout the reputational damage deserves and all parties can move on.
    Assuming Conte is actually joining, it's good news for Spurs.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Allegedly 13.2 million a year wage - Only Pep earns more in world club football - An 18 month contract hardly comes across as a long term project 

That is a big wage to not have the clout to be able to win the PL and probably ditto for the CL  So with such a big wage, is the aim to get in the top 4 for CL qualification
    Then at worse will the UEFA, League Cup and FA Cup only be accepted as a token gesture - I'm sure the fans would be happy with such trophies, but is that the aim of the board by paying so much to the manager - Somehow I doubt it 

I thought Spurs under Poch played a nice style of football - I've seen some of Conte sides and again he can play a nice style, so looking forward to see what happens, but such is the merry go round now for so many big name managers, clubs etc, that I don't see it as a long term project 
  • @guitars4you Simeone is the highest paid football manager, he's on almost twice what Pep gets.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    @guitars4you Simeone is the highest paid football manager, he's on almost twice what Pep gets.
    The article I heard said it was Pep - I just did a google tour and found different info - Some say Pep and some say Simeone 

I admire Simeone - In part as he has stayed in the same place for a while now - My above comment about Spurs and Conte was partly p*ss taking - Not so much the amount but how long they stay - Conte has had quick success with his last 2/3 jobs but boy does he leave very quickly
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22850
    I suppose if Conte goes in and wins something, then even if he does bugger off after 18 months it makes the club a more attractive prospect for whoever they try to recruit next (and maybe they should start making those backup plans now).