PRS DGT SE incoming...

What's Hot

Comments

• That's a nice one. And this is the Schecter "Tele" I bought a few weeks ago. The carbon fibre binding is a particularly nice touch.

Off I go to investigate one of these! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1004
    Anyone definitely getting one of these DGT’s when they do become available?

I’m just being nosey, but to get a rough idea of No’s, it would be good if you can hit the:

LOL = Gold Top (moon inlays)
    Wisdom = McCarty Tobacco Sunburst (bird inlays)

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4932
    duotone said:
    Anyone definitely getting one of these DGT’s when they do become available?

I’m just being nosey, but to get a rough idea of No’s, it would be good if you can hit the:

LOL = Gold Top (moon inlays)
    Wisdom = McCarty Tobacco Sunburst (bird inlays)

Which one is No?

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Regarding the pricing of these new SE guitars and the comparison to the higher spec epiphones: according to this thread on Mylespaul, epiphones are about to see a 22-28% price increase.

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/epiphone-price-increase-coming-in-march.475121/
  • Regarding the pricing of these new SE guitars and the comparison to the higher spec epiphones: according to this thread on Mylespaul, epiphones are about to see a 22-28% price increase.

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/epiphone-price-increase-coming-in-march.475121/
    And my chance of buying goes down by 22-28% 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Boromedic ;
    I didn’t think of that! But a Wow would be good.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4932
    duotone said:
    @Boromedic ;
    I didn’t think of that! But a Wow would be good.
    Cool :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• JotaJota Frets: 465
    I'd love to try one but not at the current price.
    I'm patient so I'll wait for a discount or a used one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2346
    Regarding the pricing of these new SE guitars and the comparison to the higher spec epiphones: according to this thread on Mylespaul, epiphones are about to see a 22-28% price increase.

And my chance of buying goes down by 22-28% 
    Haha. Staying well clear if they jump that much. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1251
    duotone said:
    I'll give him the coil tap not working, but he's basically saying he's incapable of adjusting saddles to lower the action and adjust the intonation?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    edited February 2023
    m_c said:
    duotone said:

I'll give him the coil tap not working, but he's basically saying he's incapable of adjusting saddles to lower the action and adjust the intonation?
    I'll be honest I've had guitars where I've bottomed out a saddle or two trying to get the action where I wanted. I don't know if it was by design. I do like it low though

Edit: bloody hell he didn't even try! Why mention it?
    roberty said:

I'll be honest I've had guitars where I've bottomed out a saddle or two trying to get the action where I wanted. I don't know if it was by design. I do like it low though

Given his low subscriber numbers, I'd bet on Clickbait.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    m_c said:
    roberty said:

To be fair the thumbnail did its job
  • m_c said:
    roberty said:

And incompetence 
  • I think you’re being a bit harsh. Reading between the lines - coil tap is a slam dunk return reason. If for whatever reason the guitar doesn’t click then taking the easy return and not putting time in makes sense rather than having it fixed, shipped back and then potentially paying on a second return etc.

I do agree though that intonation and action aren’t deal breakers alone unless it’s a case of won’t get to satisfactory having tried. It probably would have been a better video if he honestly said why it doesn’t speak to him.
  • I mean it’s an expensive guitar for an import Cort/PRS so I’d just send it back. There will be loads on the market in 3-4 months. 
    I'd send it back for the faulty coil tap as well, but the way he tries to make out the setup is a QC issue, gives me the impression he's just trying to get attention.

Things go faulty. The coil tap could have worked when it was QC'd, but I'd be more interested in how the retailer resolved (or didn't) any problems, or if it was a common problem (well other than push/pull pots being an issue in general)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2023
    m_c said:
    I'd send it back for the faulty coil tap as well, but the way he tries to make out the setup is a QC issue, gives me the impression he's just trying to get attention.

Things go faulty. The coil tap could have worked when it was QC'd, but I'd be more interested in how the retailer resolved (or didn't) any problems, or if it was a common problem (well other than push/pull pots being an issue in general)
    @m_c ;;
    Am not sure how common the coil tap issue is, but I did see one YouTube video with an issue.

I received a DGT SE with the 3-way toggle switch working for the opposite pickups. Has anyone had this happen to them?! What was really odd however with this model was that the volume knobs worked for their respective pickup positions like in a typical guitar. Anyone who owns a DGT is aware that the upper volume knob controls the treble pickup and the second volume knob controls the neck. As David is known for playing on the treble humbucker about 90% of the time. Could this have been a flaw in QC at the core-tec factory in Indonesia?? Would love COO Jack Higginbotham’s input on this matter.

https://youtu.be/9Sxxv8NiwbM