PRS DGT SE incoming...

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4932
    Kebabkid said:
    Mine even had a neck break repair!

So much speculation about this guitar with a good dose of the usual negativity towards PRS..

No one knows what they're like until one of us has actually tried one, plugged it in and had it in their hands.
    Lol, it's not specific to PRS as said above, as soon as anyone mentions Gibson it's instant neck break, QC jibes, Fender it's magic unicorn jizz pickups, it's just two bits of wood screwed together. Why should PRS be immune? I've had one, a core DGT, it was a nice guitar, well put together, not as fine as a Tom Anderson I had or my Pete Thorn actually tbh but it's small margins. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:

Or put it this way - if David Grissom walks into a store and pull that guitar with the 3mm action off the wall how does that end?
    I don't think anyone believes that sales spiel. 
    Artists may well use whatever the shop they are performing in supply, but if you're that shop owner I suspect there's a bit more prepping and flapping going on about the imminent arrival of one of your heroes 
    It’s not about the literal interpretation of a single line of bullshit. But it is about the theme the multiple lines try to build - that this guitar is good enough for a meticulous virtuoso, in fact the marketing says they really made that a big success/failure factor, so it’s worth paying that bit more for.

The answer to bullshit isn’t to give it a free pass. It’s to perk up your ears to what else they’re sliding through the same door.
    Agreed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StratNutStratNut Frets: 48
    edited February 2023
    Mine's on  order  from Music Street here in the UK.  They expect delivery at the end of Feb.   I've seen the YT videos showing dodgy quality control, so I'm a little bit worried.  Having said that,  I have three PRS SEs, a goldtop Bernie Marsden, 24-08 Eriza Verde Custom and  a Black Goldburst Custom.  They came nicely setup, but that might have been done by  the retailer, I can't recall. I'll report back when I get my mits on my DGT , and just hope they're not banging them out full pelt to meet full order books and PRS is letting a drop in standards to happen.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1004
    He is sending it back for a repair because of the coil-tap issue.

StratNut said:
    Mine's on  order  from Music Street here in the UK.  They expect delivery at the end of Feb.   I've seen the YT videos showing dodgy quality control, so I'm a little bit worried.  Having said that,  I have three PRS SEs, a goldtop Bernie Marsden, 24-08 Eriza Verde Custom and  a Black Goldburst Custom.  They came nicely setup, but that might have been done by  the retailer, I can't recall. I'll report back when I get my mits on my DGT , and just hope they're not banging them out full pelt to meet full order books and PRS is letting a drop in standards to happen.  
    @StratNut ;
    I spoke to Peach Guitars last week & said they should be receiving some in 2-3 weeks all being well.

Would be great to get your thoughts when you do get your hands on your one. I'm planning on heading to a shop, trying one out & seeing what the necks are like.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    Nice bit of rosewood on that
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    duotone said:
    He is sending it back for a repair because of the coil-tap issue.

Today I got hold of my (repaired) DGT SE by PRS. While I've only had it for a couple of hours, I absolutely love it! All tones came from the Kemper, into Logic Pro.”

Reviewed in Guitarist Magazine 495

• I'm fairly shocked to see stock of these at Peach. Is it a sign the prices are a little too high?

• rlwrlw Frets: 4744
    I'm fairly shocked to see stock of these at Peach. Is it a sign the prices are a little too high?

2 !
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    I'm fairly shocked to see stock of these at Peach. Is it a sign the prices are a little too high?

Hardly. They have 2 of the tobacco sunburst ones (w/birds) and the Goldtop is still a pre-order.
  • Kebabkid said:

Hardly. They have 2 of the tobacco sunburst ones (w/birds) and the Goldtop is still a pre-order.
    I thought there was some sort of pre-order madness going on with zero stock, or is that just the retailers trying to market them? 
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 920
    Kebabkid said:

I thought there was some sort of pre-order madness going on with zero stock, or is that just the retailers trying to market them? 

They sure know how to milk the hype. You’d think they were engineering the Large Hadron Collider!
    H.Y.P.E  =)

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9474
    Not much is selling, but these will sell. Peach don’t have weights or images yet, which is surprising. 
  • chris78 said:
    Not much is selling, but these will sell. Peach don’t have weights or images yet, which is surprising. 
    Pictures are up including weights of the 2:
    7lb 13
    8lb 2
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    edited February 2023
    They look bloody lovely! Think I want a goldtop myself but the burst is growing on me. 

Anyone see the one guitarist had to review? Seems there is some major variation - that one looked like a core McCarty burst - red on the edges. It was gorgeous! 

Yeah @Adamski I thought the same. 

I started off wanting a Tobacco Sunburst, now I’m leaning more towards a Gold Top. Will have to see what they look like in the store before I make my final decision.